Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Last Window

Here it is the last window, I've been doing this everyday since Halloween. Not that I am complaining, its a window dressers lot in life and this year has been less intense than some previous years, [due mainly to less work] 2009 is a year that I will be glad to see go, I've watched as my long time clients have struggled to survive the worst year in our retail history and I've struggled to maintain a positive attitude, it hasn't been easy to Ho Ho Ho through this one. I hope that over all sales are at least at a par with some of the pre- recession seasons from the past, although Christmas sales have been off for a decade or so, the Internet has seen to that.The only upside I see from this year long horror is less retail, with many national chains eliminating unproductive stores perhaps the owner operated locals can pick up new customers who value the pride, service and integrity evident only in small operations. Lets hope that 2010 is a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment